Molecular Assemblies, Inc. is a private life sciences company developing an enzymatic DNA synthesis technology designed to power the next generation of DNA-based products. The company’s patented Fully Enzymatic Synthesis™ (or FES™), based on making DNA the way nature makes DNA, produces long, high quality, sequence-specific DNA reliably, affordably, and sustainably. FES technology will enable the reading and writing of DNA for many industries, including industrial synthetic biology and precision medicine, as well as emerging applications of DNA for data information storage, nanomachines, and bio-based electronics. Molecular Assemblies is headquartered in San Diego.
Molecular Assemblies is seeking an experienced Sales Manager to help launch and grow its disruptive Fully Enzymatic Synthesis (FES™) Oligo Synthesis Service business from the ground up. A successful applicant is a self-starter who is passionate about the life sciences space and is looking to grow and scale our emerging commercial business. The Sales Manager will be responsible for the sales of synthetic DNA products through direct sales and key account management to meet and exceed revenue and gross margin targets. To support our ambitious commercial goals, a successful candidate will have experience developing and growing their sales territory through creation and execution of novel customer acquisition and growth strategies. We are looking for applicants passionate about advancing CRISPR and molecular biology techniques. If you consider yourself outstanding in all categories and would jump at the chance to bring the next generation of synthetic DNA to market, please apply.
- Develop and deploy short/long term sales strategy and pipeline to achieve and exceed business goals, increase customer value creation, and gain market share
- Creates and implements comprehensive strategies and process to develop and maintain a strong pipeline and provide accurate forecasts.
- Represent company and position products in on-site meetings, tradeshows, and other customer facing activities.
- Collaborate with Marketing and broader organization to communicate market opportunities and threats, provide market intel, and identify and enhance messaging and positioning.
- Maintain accurate customer contact details, marketing attributes and opportunity management in the CRM database (Hubspot).
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of markets, products, and buying process in synthetic biology markets.
- Create value for our customers.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as required.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL LEVEL, EDUCATIONAL DISCIPLINES:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in relevant life science discipline
- MBA or MS/PhD in life science preferred.
- 5+ years’ experience in life science tools sales. Demonstrable track record of selling or supporting solutions for molecular biology including CRISPR gene editing, molecular cloning & mutagenesis, gene assembly, or next-generation sequencing. Experience selling synthetic DNA products and knowledge of accounts across Americas highly valued.
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Demonstrable, detailed industry knowledge and solid understanding of market trends within Life Sciences
- Strong commercial and financial acumen.
- Customer focused with experience of handling KOL relationships.
- Residing in the assigned region and extensive familiarity with existing academic, corporate, and government accounts in the region required.
- Previous laboratory experience preferred.
- Must be a teammate with the ability to coordinate necessary individuals from various functions such as Field Applications Support, Customer Service and Technical Support to achieve solution sales.
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written skills.
- Strong presentation, organization, and analytical skills.
- High level of negotiation skills.
- Ability to assess and respond to customer needs.
- Experience influencing and connecting multiple decision makers and stakeholders with varying degrees of influence and personality types.
- Ability to handle ambiguity and act when limited information is available.
- Willingness to travel minimum 25-50% (domestic).
- Located on west coast or northeast.
- Salary Range: $100,000 – $200,000. The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for this position will be based on many factors including but not limited to individual performance, location of job, experience and skills required for this role.
Don’t meet every requirement?
At MAI we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace so if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be the person we are looking for!