Molecular Assemblies is a San Diego-based company pioneering an enzymatic DNA synthesis technology towards more accurate and longer synthesis product compared to traditional chemical synthesis. This technology is capable of powering new products in industrial synthetic biology, personalized therapeutics, precision diagnostics, and eventually information storage, nanotechnology and more.
The Staff level Platform Development Engineer will play a crucial role in solving complex multidisciplinary problems in consumable development to support the company’s proprietary biochemical process. This role will require a deep understanding in fluidics, surface chemistry, and process development as it pertains to instrument performance and manufacturing processes.
- Drive the performance characterization and improvement of test platforms / breadboards for rapid evaluation of various consumables architectures
- Spearhead mechanistic understanding of functionalized solid substrates and reagents
- Perform root cause analysis and identify solutions
- Collaborate cross-functionally with biochemistry and instrument groups to translate requirements and solve integration challenges
- Establish critical parameters for workflows, accounting for operational reliability and robustness
- Assist and guide teams in establishing best practices for development-scale consumables manufacturing, encompassing fluidic devices, functionalized solid substrates, and reagents.
- Create and manage system architecture models encompassing runtime, volume, and other design parameters
- Interface with suppliers or external collaborators.
Experience & Skills:
- Expertise in process engineering methodologies such as FMEAs, SPC, Gauge RnR, DOE, root cause
- Proven track record in surface characterization
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated fluidic-based platforms for complex assays or biochemical processes
- Self-driven, team player with ability to analyze and interpret multi-disciplinary experimental result to support design decisions
- Experience with microfluidic devices for nucleic acid applications is a plus
- Experience with manufacturing systems and workflows is a plus
• MS or PhD in Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or related field
• 3-5 years or greater of industry experience within product development or new product introduction organizations, with participation from platform feasibility to manufacturing transfer
Please direct inquiries to email@example.com