Molecular Assemblies is a San Diego-based company developing a revolutionary, enzymatic DNA synthesis technology capable of powering new products in industrial synthetic biology, personalized therapeutics, precision diagnostics, and eventually information storage, nanotechnology and more.
The staff / sr. staff level platform development engineer will be in a crucial role in solving complex multi-disciplinary problems in the instrument-based automation of the company’s proprietary biochemical process. This role will require a deep understanding in fluidics, thermal, and biochemistry interactions as it pertains to instrument performance, as well as impact of manufacturing processes at the consumables level.
- Drive the performance characterization and improvement of test platforms / breadboards for rapid evaluation of various instrument/consumables architectures for the automation of biochemistry workflows
- Lead technical teams to identify solutions in the root-cause investigation of multi-disciplinary issues
- Work cross-functionally with groups to translate biochemistry requirements into automated workflows
- Establish critical parameters for those workflows, accounting for operational reliability and robustness
- Assist and guide teams in establishing best practices for development-scale consumables manufacturing, encompassing fluidic devices, functionalized solid substrates, and reagents.
- Create and manage system architecture models encompassing runtime, volume, and other design parameters
- Interface with suppliers or external collaborators.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrated understanding of integrated fluidic-based platforms for complex assays or biochemical processes
- Experience with experimental design and execution, including DOEs and root cause analysis
- Ability to analyze and interpret multi-disciplinary experimental result to support design decisions
- Ability to lead technical teams and collaborate with key stakeholders across disciplines
- Experience with microfluidic devices for nucleic acid applications is a plus
- Experience with manufacturing systems and workflows is a plus
- MS or PhD in Bioengineering, Biochemistry, Physics, Mechanical Engineering or related field
- 3-5 years or greater of industry experience within product development or new product introduction organizations, with participation from platform feasibility to manufacturing transfer
Please direct inquiries to email@example.com