Molecular Assemblies is a San Diego-based company developing a revolutionary, enzymatic DNA synthesis technology capable of powering new products in industrial synthetic biology, personalized therapeutics, precision diagnostics, and eventually information storage, nanotechnology and more.
We are considering a range of candidates from Research Associate III to Scientist II for this opportunity. In this role, you will advance Molecular Assemblies’ proprietary automated enzymatic synthesis workflow by developing improved sequence analysis capabilities. This collaborative position will work closely with the biochemistry and instrumentation teams.
- Independently plan and execute experiments to develop and establish improved sequence analysis capabilities, using cloning/sequencing and next generation sequencing (NGS) workflows.
- Develop library preparation workflows and establish NGS analysis parameters for nucleic acids over a wide range of sizes.
- Interface with bioinformatics team to define sequence analysis workflows with the goal of tracking sequence quality and establishing QC parameters.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with biochemistry and instrument teams to translate manual procedures into automated instrumentation and workflows.
- Document experimental results in ELN; preparation and presentation of results, reports, and project plans to colleagues and company management.
- Interface with suppliers or external collaborators.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in an R&D laboratory or equivalent.
- Strong molecular biology skill set, including PCR, cloning/sequencing, NGS.
- Direct experience with NGS library preparation and sequencing, with proficiency in data analysis a plus.
- Experience with independent experimental design and execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with liquid handling robots a plus.
- Excellent organizational and collaborative skills.
- Strong work ethic, team player.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL, EDUCATIONAL DISCIPLINES:
Minimum B.S. (with 5+ years), M.S. (with 2+ years) or Ph.D. (with 0+ years) of research/industry experience in lab environments, respectively, with degrees in Life Sciences (Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology) disciplines.
Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org