Molecular Assemblies is a San Diego-based company developing a revolutionary, enzymatic DNA synthesis technology capable of powering new products in industrial synthetic biology, personalized therapeutics, precision diagnostics, and eventually information storage, nanotechnology and more.
Under the direction of the V.P, Finance and HR, the Senior Director, Human Resources manages the broad scope of HR operations including recruitment, employee relations, cultural development, compensation, benefits, performance management, policy development, risk management, training, and payroll.
- Review, modify, and implement company payroll policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure compliance with government laws and regulations; provide appropriate training to management and employees regarding relevant federal and state employment laws; Oversee maintenance of personnel records in compliance with applicable laws.
- Manage the new hire process from recruiting and interviewing to pre-hire testing and issuance of letters of employment
- Administer benefit programs including life, health, disability insurance, PTO, leaves of absence, and employee assistance programs
- Prepare annual workers comp, 401(k) census and support audit and other company or financial needs from payroll and personnel records; prepare compensation disclosures for various filings
- Serve as an employee advocate to maintain practices that ensure a safe workplace, employee development, and open communication for problem resolution
- Partner with management to identify and develop talent; ensure that each employee has an opportunity for career development and understands his/her growth opportunities; drive the feedback and performance review processes to ensure consistency, fairness and timeliness.
- Provide support to management regarding all employee relations issues from coaching to corrective action; proactively maintain a positive work environment through a fair and consistent resolution process.
- Participate in Health & Safety programs/initiatives; act as Company Safety Officer, if needed.
- Provide other support to VP Finance and Human Resources, as needed
- Bachelor’s degree required. Advanced degree a plus; SPHR or SHRM-SCP certification desired.
- Minimum 10 years work experience in human resources.
- Previous HR and payroll experience.
- Strategic thinking ability.
- Self-motivated; natural agility and flexibility in fast-changing and undefined situations.
- Proactive approach toward management needs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions; ability to produce correct results.
- Proven leadership and project management skills.
- Experience managing people, providing learning opportunities and professional growth.
Physical Demands/Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear, talk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time and is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is most often in an office setting where the noise level is typically low.
The employee must be able to travel.
Please direct inquiries to email@example.com