Molecular Assemblies is a San Diego-based company developing a revolutionary, enzymatic DNA synthesis technology capable of powering new products in industrial synthetic biology, personalized therapeutics, precision diagnostics, and eventually information storage, nanotechnology and more.
As a Scientist II to Scientist IV, you will work closely with the biochemistry and instrumentation teams to advance Molecular Assemblies’ proprietary automated enzymatic synthesis workflow. This collaborative position will advance enzymatic synthesis by optimization of existing oligonucleotide synthesis workflows to tie into downstream applications in synthetic biology.
- Independently plan and execute experiments to develop and advance enzymatic oligo synthesis technologies towards company goals in synthetic biology.
- Lead and mentor a small team towards accomplishing synthetic biology goals.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with biochemistry and instrument teams to translate manual procedures into automated instrumentation and workflows.
- Documentation of experimental results in ELN; preparation and presentation of experimental results, reports and project plans to R&D colleagues and company management.
- Define sequence analysis workflows with the goal of establishing QC parameters.
- Interface with suppliers or external collaborators.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Minimum of 2 years hands-on experience in an R&D laboratory or equivalent.
- Strong molecular biology skill set, including PCR, DNA assembly, and sequencing.
- Direct experience in synthetic biology (gene synthesis/DNA assembly/sequence design) a must.
- Experience with independent experimental design and execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Strong team leadership and collaborative skills.
- Proficiency with NGS library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis is a plus.
- Experience with liquid handling robots a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong work ethic, team player.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL, EDUCATIONAL DISCIPLINES:
Minimum M.S. (with 7+ years) or Ph.D. (with 2+ years) research/industry experience in lab environments, respectively, with degrees in Life Sciences (Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology) disciplines.
Please direct inquiries to email@example.com