The successful candidate will join the protein engineering team in design, expression, isolation and screening to identify lead molecules exhibiting desirable activities. The successful candidate is required to be highly skilled in all aspects of protein expression and purification.
- Perform mid- to large-scale recombinant protein expression and purification.
- Express small-scale protein libraries for downstream purification.
- High-throughput purification and maintenance of protein libraries for downstream screening.
- General protein characterization.
- Prepare and maintain general biology lab stocks, including antibiotics, buffers, common reagents, cell media, etc.
- Setup and run polyacrylamide gels for proteins and oligos.
- Autoclave media and supplies.
- Carefully document results in on-line data system.
- Prepare and present research reports.
- Maintain dishes and glassware, including proper storage.
- Receive and put away incoming packages.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Hands-on experience in performing mid- to large-scale recombinant protein expression and purification.
- Experience with sterile technique, transformation, and expression of recombinant proteins from bacterial cell cultures.
- Solid skills in protein techniques, including chromatography, dialysis, filtration, polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis, UV-Vis spectroscopy, protein quantitation methods
- Thorough knowledge of protein purification column techniques, including affinity, ion exchange, hydrophobic interaction, and size exclusion.
- Working experience with AKTA FPLC systems running Unicorn software.
- Experience in the preparation of scientific reagents including common stock solutions, buffers, and media.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in handling basic laboratory equipment such as centrifuges, autoclaves, balances, and pH meters.
- Good practice of standard laboratory safety procedures.
- Highly motivated, creative, independent and devoted to project goals.
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and management teams and to work as an effective team member.
Desired Experience & Skills:
- Purification of DNA-binding proteins.
- Experience purifying a wide range of proteins.
- Protein characterization and analytical methods, such as bioanalyzer, Biacore, CD, mass spectrometry, protein stability measurements, etc.
- Experience with high-throughput protein expression from bacterial and/or yeast cell cultures.
- Proficient in high-throughput mutant library purification and maintenance.
- Experience with high-throughput screening assays.
- Experience with automation.
- Excellent organization and time management skills with flexibility to handle a variety of tasks and shift priorities simultaneously.
Educational Level, Educational Disciplines:
Requires a BS degree or equivalent, plus the knowledge and skills acquired through a minimum of 2 years’ relevant industry experience or an MS/PhD (0-2 years) in protein engineering, protein chemistry, molecular biology, biochemistry, cell biology or a related field of study.
Please direct inquiries to email@example.com