Molecular Assemblies is a San Diego-based company developing a revolutionary, enzymatic DNA synthesis technology capable of powering new products in industrial synthetic biology, personalized therapeutics, precision diagnostics, and eventually information storage, nanotechnology and more.
The Research Associate III you will work closely with the biochemistry and instrumentation teams to advance Molecular Assemblies’ proprietary automated enzymatic synthesis workflow. This collaborative position will advance enzymatic synthesis by optimization of existing oligonucleotide synthesis workflows to tie into downstream applications in synthetic biology.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Minimum of 2 to 5 years hands-on experience in an R&D laboratory or equivalent.
- Strong molecular biology skill set, including PCR, DNA assembly, and sequencing.
- Direct experience in synthetic biology (gene synthesis/DNA assembly/sequence design) a must.
- Experience with experimental design and execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Proficiency with NGS library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis is a plus.
- Experience with liquid handling robots a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Strong work ethic, team player.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
EDUCATIONAL LEVEL, EDUCATIONAL DISCIPLINES:
Minimum B.S. or M.S. with 5+ or 2+ years research/industry experience in lab environments, respectively, with degrees in Life Sciences (Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology) disciplines.
Please direct inquiries to email@example.com