Molecular Assemblies is a San Diego-based company developing a revolutionary, enzymatic DNA synthesis technology capable of powering new products in industrial synthetic biology, personalized therapeutics, precision diagnostics, and eventually information storage, nanotechnology and more.
The R&D organization is seeking a highly motivated biochemist at the Research Associate level to support the development of enzymatic activity assays and perform testing. The position will report to the Director of Reagent Development and work closely with the Chemistry and Biochemistry Development teams to advance Molecular Assemblies’ proprietary oligonucleotide synthesis technology. Grade level is dependent on candidate experience.
- Under the direction of senior staff, executes experiments in support of activity assay development.
- Performs routine testing to support the goals of the R&D organization.
- Maintains an electronic laboratory notebook using good documentation practices.
- Helps author analytical SOPs and technical reports.
- Proactively communicates observations and findings to senior staff.
- Supports development of internal systems to improve organizational efficiencies.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- 1-year or more of hands-on laboratory experience is required.
- Experience in an R&D laboratory is a plus.
- Basic understanding of enzymology is required.
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Good collaborative skills and a team player.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
Minimum B.S. or B.A. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, or related field. Candidates with an M.S./M.A. or applicable R&D lab experience are encouraged to apply.
Please direct inquiries to email@example.com