Molecular Assemblies is a San Diego-based company developing a revolutionary, enzymatic DNA synthesis technology capable of powering new products in industrial synthetic biology, personalized therapeutics, precision diagnostics, and eventually information storage, nanotechnology and more.
The Research Associate I, II will work closely with the integration, biochemistry, and engineering teams to advance Molecular Assemblies’ proprietary automated enzymatic synthesis and DNA assembly workflows. This collaborative position will be responsible for supporting method development, reagent preparation, instrument setup, and sample processing, with a hands-on approach to troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interface with Molecular Assemblies’ integration, biochemistry, chemistry, and instrumentation teams to perform automated enzymatic oligonucleotide synthesis and DNA assembly workflows.
- Operate and maintain automated platforms, including supporting reagent preparation and sample processing efforts.
- Perform detailed analysis of synthesis and/or DNA assembly performance.
- Documentation of designs, test procedures, and test results in electronic laboratory notebook (ELN).
- Presentation of results to R&D colleagues and company management.
- General lab support, including supply and reagent inventory.
- Interface with suppliers or external collaborators.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years hands-on experience in an R&D laboratory or equivalent.
- Strong molecular biology/chemistry skill set.
- Experience working with nucleic acids a plus.
- Experience with experimental design and execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with automated microfluidic/liquid handling systems a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Strong work ethic, team player.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
Minimum B.S. or M.S. with 0-2+ years research/industry experience in lab environments, with degrees in Life Sciences (Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology) and/or Engineering (Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering) disciplines.
Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org