- Setup and analyze in-vitro DNA polymerase activity assays for evaluating various polymerase mutants and nucleotide analogs in medium and high-throughput experiments
- Develop pipeline for executing medium (96, 384-well plate) and high (1536-well plate) throughput biochemical assays and their analyses
- Optimize experimental conditions, using a matrix of conditions, for achieving high-fidelity template independent synthesis of nucleic acids
- Manage routine operations of laboratory, inventory, ordering of supplies and carry out various laboratory tasks as required
- Systematically document experiments and clearly present the findings to the peers and management
Required Experience & Skills:
- Broad knowledge of high-throughput screening assay development and automation.
- Experience with setting up and analyzing medium to high throughput in-vitro biochemical assays
- Knowledge of enzymology/kinetics and in-vitro biochemistry
- Familiarity with biochemistry of DNA/RNA polymerases or nucleic acid modifying enzymes will be a plus
- Knowledge of a wide variety of enzymatic assays employing fluorescence, UV-Vis spectroscopy, capillary electrophoresis, chromatographic methods
- Experience in molecular biology methods, electrophoresis, nucleic acid analytical techniques and biophysical methods for studying molecular interactions
- Self-motivated, hardworking, well-organized, creative and critical scientist
- Maintain good laboratory records, interact and collaborate with internal groups and departments
Educational Level, Educational Disciplines:
Requires a B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology, or a related field of study with 3+ years of industrial research experience.