Work closely with the biochemistry and instrumentation teams to advance Molecular Assemblies’ proprietary enzymatic synthesis workflow on a microfluidic platform. This collaborative position will include refinements to existing microfluidic flow cells, hardware, software control, and workflows to transform enzymatic synthesis for advanced applications.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Enzymatic assay development, especially on solid phase.
- Demonstrated experience in working with nucleic acids.
- Strong track record in microfluidic flow cell design and rapid device prototyping.
- Microfluidic surface and flow characterization is a plus.
- Experience in programming and microcontroller skills.
- System integration experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, DOE experience a plus.
- Experience with statistical software packages is a plus.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Good work ethic, team player.
- Strong presentation, written, and oral communication skills.
Educational Level, Educational Disciplines:
Minimum Ph.D. with 0-3 years; M.S. with 3-4 years; B.S. with 5-6 years of research/industry experience in lab environments, with degrees in Life Sciences (Molecular Biology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology) and/or Engineering (Biomedical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering) disciplines.
- Interface with MAI biochemistry, chemistry, protein engineering, and instrumentation groups to identify and test performance metrics for automated microfluidic enzymatic synthesis.
- Collaborate with the instrumentation team to rapidly prototype and test individual hardware components, breadboards, and alpha units for synthesis automation.
- Work with the biochemistry team to create protocols for device operation and incorporate performance improvements in subsequent device iterations.
- Develop, document, execute and analyze microfluidic testing experiments.
- Establish QC/QA verification tests and procedures.
- Documentation of designs, test procedures, and test results in ELN; presentation of designs, test procedures, test results to R&D colleagues and company management.
- Interface with suppliers or external fabrication groups.
Please direct inquiries to email@example.com