Work closely with the biochemistry and instrumentation teams to progress Molecular Assemblies’ proprietary enzymatic synthesis workflow on a microfluidic platform. This collaborative position will advance enzymatic synthesis by optimization of existing oligonucleotide synthesis workflows to tie into downstream applications such as gene synthesis.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Excellent proficiency in a variety of molecular biology techniques including sequence design, PCR, DNA assembly, sample preparation, and sequencing.
- Enzymatic assay development, with demonstrated development and validation of automation-compatible workflows.
- Gene synthesis/DNA assembly/Bioinformatic sequence design.
- Experience with statistical software packages.
- Microfluidic experience is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills, DOE experience a plus.
- NGS library preparation, sequencing, and data analysis is a plus.
- Solid phase extraction development a plus.
- Strong collaborative skills, good work ethic, team player.
- Strong presentation, written and oral communication skills.
Educational Level, Educational Disciplines:
Minimum Ph.D. with 0-4 years; M.S. with 4-8 years of research/industry experience in lab environments, with degrees in Life Sciences (Molecular biology, Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biotechnology).
- Interface with MAI biochemistry, chemistry, protein engineering, and engineering groups to develop MAI’s microfluidic enzymatic oligonucleotide synthesis for automated DNA assembly.
- Collaborate with the instrumentation team to provide recommendations and to rapidly test individual hardware components, breadboards, and alpha units.
- Develop and validate robust protocols for miniaturization and automation of DNA assembly.
- Perform detailed statistical analysis of synthesis performance metrics, such as success rates, yields, and assembly error rates. Establish QC/QA verification tests and procedures.
- Prepare draft protocols and finalize into SOPs for operation of microfluidic workflow.
- Documentation of designs, test procedures, and test results in ELN; presentation of designs, test procedures, test results to R&D colleagues and company management.
- Interface with suppliers or external collaborators.
Please direct inquiries to email@example.com