Molecular Assemblies is a San Diego-based company developing a revolutionary, enzymatic DNA synthesis technology capable of powering new products in industrial synthetic biology, personalized therapeutics, precision diagnostics, and eventually information storage, nanotechnology and more.
The R&D organization is seeking a highly motivated biochemist/chemist at the Research Associate level to support the development of solid support conjugates and perform testing related to said conjugates. The position will work closely with the Chemistry Development teams to advance Molecular Assemblies’ proprietary oligonucleotide synthesis technology. Grade level is dependent on candidate experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direction of senior staff, executes experiments relating to solid support synthesis and analysis.
- Perform detailed analysis of synthesized solid support conjugates using developed assays.
- Maintain proper documentation using an electronic laboratory notebook using proper note taking practices.
- Presentation of results to R&D colleagues and company management.
- Proactively communicates observations and findings to senior staff.
- Helps author analytical SOPs and technical reports.
- 1-year or more of hands-on laboratory experience is required.
- Experience in an R&D laboratory is a plus.
- Strong molecular biology/chemistry skill set.
- Experience working with nucleic acids a plus.
- Experience with experimental design and execution, data analysis, and troubleshooting.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong collaborative skills.
- Strong written, oral, and presentation communication skills.
Minimum B.S. or B.A. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Chemistry, or related field. Candidates with an M.S./M.A. or applicable R&D lab experience are encouraged to apply.