Molecular Assemblies is a San Diego-based company developing a revolutionary, enzymatic DNA synthesis technology capable of powering new products in industrial synthetic biology, personalized therapeutics, precision diagnostics, and eventually information storage, nanotechnology and more.
The Accounts Payable/Purchasing Specialist will be responsible for full-cycle accounts payable including matching documents, processing invoices, issuing and recording payments. This role also ensures resolution of account discrepancies and procedural inquiries. This role will prepare all vendor payments, expense reports, credit card payments, check runs and cash transfers. They will also support the monthly close and related accounting processes by preparing journal entries and account reconciliations. The purchasing tasks include maintaining the purchase requisition system, placing orders, obtaining quotes, pricing, availability as well as verifying receipt of items, resolving shipping discrepancies, processing vendor returns, and expediting purchases as needed.
The Accounts Payable/Purchasing Specialist needs to collaborate effectively with people in all departments and at all levels within the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain purchase requisition system
- Place orders for approved requisitions; obtain quotes, pricing, availability, delivery dates as needed
- Process vendor returns; resolve shipping discrepancies
- Verify receipt of items and match documents (Receiver, Requisition, and Invoice)
- Process accounts payable; maintain applicable records
- Route invoices for approval as necessary; resolve issues with employees and vendors
- Maintain vendor records; assess sales and use tax as applicable
- Maintain W-9 records
- Prepare check runs and various payments (wires, ACHs, etc.)
- Prepare basic monthly journal entries and account reconciliations
- Assist with the month-end close financial process
- Prepare 1099s when required and maintain compliance
- Assist in other accounting functions as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field preferred
- Minimum of 2 years’ accounting experience in a business setting; public company experience strongly preferred, purchasing experience is a plus
- Experience within the life science industry strongly preferred
- Experience with QuickBooks, Dynamics 365, SAP and/or Great Plains is a plus
- Intermediate-to-advanced computer and MS Office skills (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Experience with SharePoint and conference equipment/platforms highly preferred
- Self-motivated; natural agility and flexibility in fast-changing and undefined situations.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills to handle multiple tasks.
- Ability to work autonomously and make decisions; ability to produce correct results.
- Experience managing confidential information.
- Friendly, team-oriented, collaborative, and “can-do” attitude.
Physical Demands/Working Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to see, hear, talk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is required to sit for long periods of time and is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with arms. Specific vision abilities required include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is most often in an office setting where the noise level is typically low.
The employee must be able to travel, including international travel.
Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org