Molecular Assemblies, Inc. is a private life sciences company developing an enzymatic DNA synthesis technology designed to power the next generation of DNA-based products. The company’s patented Fully Enzymatic Synthesis™ (or FES™), based on making DNA the way nature makes DNA, produces long, high quality, sequence-specific DNA reliably, affordably, and sustainably. FES technology will enable the reading and writing of DNA for many industries, including industrial synthetic biology and precision medicine, as well as emerging applications of DNA for data information storage, nanomachines, and bio-based electronics. Molecular Assemblies is headquartered in San Diego.
The Senior Manager of Manufacturing is responsible for day-to-day manufacturing operations, production planning, coordination, and execution of processes that result in products. This role provides leadership to production personnel and ensures all team members and operational activities meet quality and safety requirements and achieve operational objectives.
- Oversee daily manufacturing activities to ensure production and associated supporting activities are delivered on schedule, on budget, and with quality.
- Plan the utilization of manufacturing personnel, facilities, equipment, and materials to meet manufacturing priorities.
- Ensure manufacturing facilities and equipment are well maintained and tracked, and areas maintain proper housekeeping and cleanliness (6S).
- Hire, train, and evaluate manufacturing personnel and ensure they meet performance, quality, health and safety requirements.
- Coordinate manufacturing activities with Supply Chain, Commercial and Finance organizations, as well as with external vendors and shippers.
- Track manufacturing performance and manage to key production metrics and goals.
- Coordinate corrective action for manufacturing issues that arise, in conjunction with the Quality and Process Engineering teams.
- Drive continuous improvement activities in the manufacturing area to increase efficiency and reduce waste, in coordination with the Quality, Process Engineering, and R&D teams.
- Partner with the Safety committee to maintain a productive and safe working environment in accordance with established operating procedures, workmanship standards, and best practices.
- Develop and implement technical, schedule, quality, business, and financial goals for manufacturing operations, working with Operations management and other departments.
Experience & Skills
- Experience leading a diverse manufacturing team with varying levels of experience and educational backgrounds.
- Experience leading a multi-level organization, and developing emerging leaders into supervisory roles.
- Experience leading teams executing complex biochemical and/or fluidic processes in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated ability to balance innovation with the need to maintain manufacturing rigor.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work effectively with people of all levels and backgrounds.
- Experience with structured problem-solving approaches (6-sigma, DFSS, 8D, etc.) is a plus.
- Experience with cGMP is a plus.
- Experience with protein and nucleic acid biochemistry is a plus.
- Project management experience is a plus.
- Salary Range: $140,000-$200,000. The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for this position will be based on many factors including but not limited to individual performance, location of job, experience and skills required for this role.
- B.S. or M.S. in a scientific or engineering discipline
- 10+ years of manufacturing experience, with 3+ years in supervisory or leadership roles
Don’t meet every requirement?
At MAI we are dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace so if you don’t check all the boxes in the job description, we still encourage you to apply. You may be the person we are looking for!