Molecular Assemblies, Inc. is a private life sciences company developing an enzymatic DNA synthesis technology designed to power the next generation of DNA-based products. The company’s patented Fully Enzymatic Synthesis™ (or FES™), based on making DNA the way nature makes DNA, produces long, high quality, sequence-specific DNA reliably, affordably, and sustainably. FES technology will enable the reading and writing of DNA for many industries, including industrial synthetic biology and precision medicine, as well as emerging applications of DNA for data information storage, nanomachines, and bio-based electronics. Molecular Assemblies is headquartered in San Diego.
We are seeking a talented, motivated Research Associate to join the NGS team to drive high-quality production and quality control of sequencing data. The selected candidate will be responsible for performing various molecular biology tasks including but not limited to nucleic acid extraction, PCR, library preparation, sequencing workflow executions and analysis.
This role is accountable for performing day-in-day-out sample preparation and sequencing for a variety of sample input types and quantities. This position is a “hands-on” in person role with physical wet lab responsibilities. This collaborative position will work closely with the bioinformatics, manufacturing, development, and R&D teams to coordinate and execute analysis of nucleic acid samples by NGS.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate good communication, presentation, and technical writing skills, team-working spirit, and strong scientific thinking approach to problem solving.
- Nucleic acid extraction, PCR, quantification, gel electrophoresis and NGS sample preparation
- Operating and maintaining Illumina and Oxford Nanopore platforms
- Follow and perform molecular biology techniques
- Record, analyze, and communicate experimental data
- Maintain an electronic lab notebook
- Communicate results in a clear and concise manner
- Effectively trouble-shoot equipment and experimental difficulties
- Available opportunities to grow in lab and team leadership experience including cross-departmental growth into areas such as Manufacturing Operations
Educational, Experience and Other Requirements
- 2+ years of molecular biology experience (NGS, PCR, nucleic acid purification, gel electrophoresis, etc.)
- Ability to make analytical calculations efficiently (molarity and dilution calculations)
- Aptitude for technology and instrumentation
- Familiarity with or prior experience in a manufacturing environment a plus
- Experience with liquid handling robots a plus
- Salary Range: $26 – $34 p/hour. The base salary range represents the low and high end of the anticipated salary range for this position. The actual base salary offered for this position will be based on many factors including but not limited to individual performance, location of job, experience and skills required for this role.
- Must be available to work on weekends.