Molecular Assemblies is a San Diego-based company developing a revolutionary, enzymatic DNA synthesis technology capable of powering new products in industrial synthetic biology, personalized therapeutics, precision diagnostics, and eventually information storage, nanotechnology and more.
We are seeking a Biochemist/Enzymologist to join our protein engineering team. The successful candidate will have experience in assay development, kinetics, and enzyme characterization. The primary responsibilities will be to design and execute enzyme stability, binding, and activity assays. Additionally, a strong background in experimental curve-fitting is desired, and a background in statistics is a plus. The positions provide great opportunities to contribute to many facets of protein engineering and be part of a highly interdisciplinary team.
- Perform enzyme kinetics assays
- Develop and execute biochemical assays for enzyme characterization
- Determine optimum enzyme reaction conditions
- Carefully document results and present results to a larger group of colleagues
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
- Knowledge of assay development, enzyme characterization, kinetics, and protein biochemistry
- Design, develop, and execute enzyme and binding and activity assays in multiple formats
- A strong background in experimental curve-fitting, and assay optimization and execution
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to prepare and present research reports
- Excellent organization and time management skills with flexibility to handle a variety of tasks and shift priorities as required
- PhD in Biochemistry, Enzymology, Biology, Biophysics, or closely related field with 0-4 years of relevant research experience.
Please direct inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org